One of the fields we actively work in, is the validation and certification of vocational skills and knowledge.
In this section we try to answer the most frequently asked questions regarding this process.
Validation is the process of assessing, recognition and officially documenting the correlation between:
- skills, knowledge and competencies gained through non-formal and informal learning
- national educational standards and requirements for gaining a professional qualification
- every person having a long-term professional experience, without holding an officially recognised document for acquired professional qualification
- immigrants, having professional experience in their home countries, but without having a document for professional qualification
- immigrants who have gained a professional qualification in their home country, but not having a document for it
- low-skilled unemployed people
- employed people, who have gained competency during their personal and professional experience
- persons who do not have a recognised professional qualification
- early school leavers;
- persons, who have gained knowledge, skills and competencies as a result of their everyday activities, connected with their work, family or leisure
The validation fee depends on the need of taking extra theory or practical classes for the profession or part of the profession
- the purpose of validation and what exactly is going to be validated
- supporting documents available
- time needed by the applicant to prepare a portfolio of documents
- the amount and relevance of the documents presented, as well as the personal motivation to prepare and submit the portfolio in shortest time possible
- Contact us, in order to guide you through the main steps of the validation process, their purpose and documentation needed. We can help you to better identify the profession you can get certified in.
- Provide us the documents and evidence of your skills, knowledge and competences
The validation commission would propose you an individual learning plan for additional theory and practice training (in case there is a need of such)
The plan mainly consists of:
- covering additional theoretical content (if needed), which is usually self-paced
- a practical training, which can be conducted in an organisation of your choice
We can guide you which sources of information you can use in the theoretical learning or how to organise your practical training.
Your individual learning plan defines all steps of the validation process, and the timeline is created considering your personal and professional engagements. It provides detailed information about all activities planned, including description, deadlines and expected outcomes.
Once you have completed your individual learning plan or have presented enough documents proving that your knowledge and skills fully cover the National Agency’s for Vocational Education and Training requirements, the commission allows you to sit a professional qualification exam.
We provide a list of the exam topics, so you can prepare accordingly. In case you would like to get certified in a professional qualification of a part of the profession, you will do the relevant tests. In case you would like to validate your professional qualification in an entire profession or a speciality, you will sit a State Theory and Practice Exam.
Upon successful completion of the process, you will receive a certificate of professional qualification profession and speciality, or a certificate in part of a profession. The holder of the certificate for validation, has the same rights and opportunities as the holder of a certificate of professional qualification or certificate for part of a profession.
- it is an opportunity to have a certificate proving professional knowledge and skills acquired outside the formal education, including at work, at home, etc.
enhancing motivation in the workforce to maintain and enhance skills and competitiveness
it reduces the time and cost of participating in vocational training, courses and more.
Sources of information:
– Vocational Education and Training Act – Ordinance No. 2 of 13.11.2014 on the conditions and procedure for validation of professional knowledge, skills and competences
– Manual for validating vocational qualification acquired through informal and non-formal learning
– Guidelines for performing the professional validation process in a Vocational Training Centre issued by NAVET